Saturday, May 2, 2009

Some cheese with that WHINE!





So, yesterday was HORRIBLE! I had an amazing day Thursday. Eli actually took a 2 hour nap right at noon (which is my dream for him ;-)). That night my brother came for dinner, and we all enjoyed seeing him. He played basketball with Eli, and we took a little walk. Elijah was in such a good mood Thursday that I was practically jumping for joy that his teething discomfort was over. Not so fast! He was up from 11:30-1:30 a.m. that night. I definitely was cussing like a sailor and I may have pounded the bed with my fist a few times. Needless to say, he was tired and cranky all day Friday...and so was I! Brandon came home from work looking like a zombie from being up. Ah, the joys of parenthood! We went to bed early last night, and luckily we all slept good and Eli is back to his normal self today. I've been trying to do little things to celebrate Brandon finishing his "green belt" project at work. It's too hard to explain, but he just has to take a test this week and he's completely done. He's been going in to work early this past week to work on it, so it was a relief to finish. Eli and I got him a Cinco de Mayo balloon, Izzy drinks, and have been cooking special things he loves. This morning I made him Dutch Babies. I am proud to have survived the week and enjoying the weekend! We have a joint engagement party to go to tomorrow for our friends in our band. It's at the park, so Eli should have fun!

No comments: