Saturday, January 29, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
been dying to get it cut for months, but had to grow it out for my cousin's wedding. It has been driving me insane, so it was so refreshing to say, "ADIOS" and get a new do. Eli said I "looked pretty" so it passed inspection.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Here's even further proof of Cora walking! She is a "get into everything" type baby and is already making messes and going after small chokable things. She will do anything to get to something she can't have! All it took was a bribe with one of Eli's marbles to get her to walk across the basement! Today she even walked on her own from the little play kitchen to Eli's marble maze trying to get to it. It's going to be moved soon, so it's blocked by the baby gate. Poor Eli! He's going to have to practically hide to play with his toys without being bothered. ?I really delight in my kids. It's been a joy getting to know Cora and watching her sweet personality imerge more every day. I treasure the alone time I get with each of my kids because they are so different and I get to be a "different" type of parent with each one of them. Tomorrow I am actually going on a tour at the preschool I want to put Eli in. I can't believe it! I think it will be wonderful for him to get away a couple times a week and be in a different environment. I'm praying that it will be a wonderful experience next year and not a struggle!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
My little girl is 8 months old! She gets more wonderful every day! She is loved by all and loves everyone dearly. At 8 months she is:
1. WALKING-She took her first steps at 7 1/2 months, and now at 8 months can take around 6 at a time.
2. Clapping-especially when I'm trying to feed her and she smacks the spoon
3. Waving-I've been working on "hi" and "bye"
4. Starting to eat meat. She has actually been sleeping better since she started meat at supper time and I've been giving her a snack of rice cereal before bed, which has helped as well.
5. Has been sleeping terrible, but has actually only been up once or twice the past two nights, which is the best sleep I've had in 8 months!
6. A total Mama's girl! If she sees me...she wants me. She reaches for me all the time and lunges for me most of the time. She will rarely reach for Brandon or anyone else.
7. Still in separation anxiety. If I leave the room she has started crying. She does not want to be alone.
8. Was babysat by her Grams and Papa Judson for the first time. I was away from her for around 6 hours (most of it she was sleeping) and she did great. She took a bottle and handled it very well.
9. Cruising-She loves cruising on the couch or the little kitchen set. She also loves pushing her walking toy around the basement
10. Pulling up!
11. She has her two bottom teeth. It's already changed how she looks. I know the top two will really change her looks!
12. She is still just the sweetest thing. She gives great snuggles and hugs and is starting to give "kisses" when I pucker up.
13. Still says "Nana", "Dada", and "Mama". I've gotten her to say "Bye bye" maybe once. She will scream to get your attention, or growl.
14. She is also dancing now! If she is sitting and she hears music she rocks back and forth. It is hilarious!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
What a whirlwind of a New Years! We had a full week of parties, family, presents, and wedding fun! I don't think I've ever had so much fun in my life or been so exhausted! It all started with a wonderful night at my cousin Ellen's bachelorette party. I got some much needed girl time with my cousins and friends. Brandon and I both had a blast at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (which was our first meal without kids since Cora's birth). The wedding was just magical! I was honored to be a bridesmaid and Brandon and I sang in the wedding. Brandon had been very sick with a cold, but was just able to sing in the knick of time! The reception was so much fun! All my family was there and my best friend Courtney. My sister's kids had never been to a wedding and LOVED it. They danced and danced and danced! During the wedding my mom looked over and Precious had a tear going down her cheek. She said, "I know why they are getting married...because they are so nice to each other." What sweet kids! Brandon and I enjoyed dancing and eating and just being with the people we love. Brandon's parents drove up all the way from Texas to babysit our kids, so we could go have a great time. It was such a relief to me. The kids did great, considering I was gone so much. Both kids were thrilled to have the attention of BOTH sets of grandparents and all their cousins, aunt, and uncles. We had a total of 15 people staying in the house! Thank God for our big house. Bob brought up brisket and other food to help feed everyone. We celebrated my Mom's 50th birthday while everyone was here, as well. She wanted a pajama breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. It was hilarious! We all wore our pajamas and had a great time. We also exchanged our Christmas gifts with my sister's family. It was so cute. The kids all gave us knick knacks out of their own stuff, gave us art creations, or little trinkets they bought with their allowance at school. We loved it! They are such a blessing! The other day I was driving and I asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grow up. My 4 yr. old niece Korey said, "I really want to be you; I want to be Aunt Em. I won't spank Cora or Eli." It was so sweet; it definitely brought tears to my eyes.