Sunday, May 3, 2009

Joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart! Where?




I've got a lot of joy today. Why? Well it's simple. Eli stayed in the toddler nursery at church today with just a tiny bit of whining. Brandon and I had both agreed that we just needed to tough it out and make him stay in there even if it took a few weeks of crying etc. The head of the children's ministry assured me that it wouldn't take long for him to adjust. They were right. One of the leaders slipped in during worship to tell me that Eli was having a blast and not to worry! Yeah! Praise God! I actually got to enjoy Brandon leading worship and a great sermon on worry and how it hinders our faith (I think I was meant to be in there for once)! Eli has moved up to the toddler nursery where they actually do a lesson and a craft. You and I both know there's no way that he's actually doing the craft, but at least he gets a lesson! Today it was on Elijah and how God provided food for him by sending it through the birds. Eli liked to kiss his bird. We helped our bass player and friend David Racchini move into his new apartment last night. It was fun fellowshipping with our friends. Today, I am marinating cucumbers to take to the engagement party tonight. I know it's summer when I can break out my favorite cucumber recipe. Man, I am craving it!

No comments: