Eli said it best this morning, "Asher, you need to stop growing up because I want you to be my little boy forever!" Asher is not a newborn anymore. He is a chubby little happy baby who loves his family and loves life. You can just watch him soaking in what the older kids are doing and enjoying the newness of the world around him. I love to view the world with new eyes. He reminds me to look up and just take a moment to watch the leaves shaking in the wind. I want to freeze him right now, but instead I will just appreciate every stage we get to go through. At 4 months Asher:
2. Is standing on his legs and will strain and push with his legs to make you lift him up so he can be a big shot!
3. Loves his jumper and messing with the toys on it.
4. Finally likes tummy time because he can mess with toys and hold his head up high to watch what is going on around him. On his back, he can actually scoot a little by pushing his legs.
5. Grabs at toys, shirts, blankets, hair, etc. Anything he can get his little chubby fingers on he will go after. I am moving all the little dangerous toys to the kids rooms because everything goes in the mouth.
6. Gnaws on his hands, drools, and spits up quite a bit.
7. Has started screeching and squealing.
8. Will sometimes go up to 7 days without pooping (which leads to some uncomfortable moments, but is actually quite normal for breastfed babies).
9. Loves showers and baths
10. Blows raspberries
11. Is wearing 6 month, 6-12 month, and 6-9 month clothes
12. Is called a few nicknames such as: Ash, Ash man, Asher the smasher
13. Laughs and is very ticklish
19. Is VERY friendly and VERY flirty! Everyone always comments about how smiley he is. He will start "talking" and smiling at anyone who talks to him.