Sunday, April 6, 2008

Old Grumpa had a farm...










We had an awesome trip and time in Minneapolis with my family! Eli slept the whole way there and back, so it was nice and easy. They smothered him with love, play, and affection and he enjoyed every second of it! We enjoyed mom's wonderful cooking! It's so nice to have parents who are great involved grandparents! Growing up we would wake up in the morning and all go downstairs to snuggle and talk with my parents in their bed. All 5 of us in a full bed! My parents have decided to keep the tradition going with Eli, and he loved it....so did Brandon and I as we were able to catch some more z's in the morning :-) Another thing he loved was Granny's puppet shows! He loved the puppets and my mom's voices. He had a great time looking at all the new scenery at my parents house and out the windows. We went and visited a close friend of the family and Eli was adorable as usual. If any of you have been around Eli you know that he has some serious loud gas and explosions once in a while. Everyone took advantage of the poor little guy. You'd hear someone rip one and then everyone would go..."ELI" He always gets blamed now :-) Eli is still going to bed at around 11/11:30 most nights, so my Dad stayed up and rocked him (he's proud of the fact that he could always knock us out quickly when we were babies and is always showing us his skills). Brandon and I took all the dogs on a mile walk around my parent's pasture, and today we all took the dogs and Eli in the off road stroller down the road for another nice walk. It was so nice today we took another walk when we got back to Wichita! We can't get enough of Spring! I have to put this hilarious picture up. I was changing Eli at the last minute and he kicked into his dirty diaper and got is socks dirty. We had already put his suitcase in the car, so while I was finishing eating my mom found another solution to our sock less problem until I could run out and get another pair. Overall, it was a great weekend and we can't wait for my brother's graduation next month to head back to the hills!

1 comment:

Megan said...

So sweet to see the whole family together! And Eli is such a cutie! I can't wait until I get to see him in person (Love, Megan)