Friday, April 25, 2008

The day from.....well you know where!

Eli didn't feel good yesterday after the vaccinations. He was fine for a couple of hours, and then started fussing and crying. He never had a fever (I did check like 20 times), but I could tell that his legs hurt and who knows what else. No matter how I held him he acted like it hurt, so I basically sat by the bouncy seat all afternoon between feedings and changings holding in a pacifier :-) He sure was tired and cranky. At around 5 he was back to his normal self, which just so happened to be when Brandon comes home (he always lucks out). I don't know who cried more...Eli or me :-) Poor Brandon had to deal with a very drained exhausted me (but later I found gold earrings under my pillow that he hadn't given me yet....maybe I should have bad days more often)! Brandon got us both out of the house for a good walk along the river last night and it was refreshing. Today Elijah acts like nothing happened, and we've been having a lot of fun to make up for yesterday. I think we held a 30 minute cooing/smiling conversation. He's getting good at it. We think Eli is sort of laughing now. It's not very often, but once in a while he does this little laugh thing. I can't wait until it becomes an every day thing! He loves songs and anticipates the actions; it's so funny. He reacts to Peek-a-boo and Pat-a-cake now too. Today is very windy and chilly, so we're going to take our walk in the mall.

1 comment:

bartel said...

hey judsons! emily...you might not know us...i am mike bartel and my wife denise and i used to be brandon's campus pastor at purdue. i just ran across you blog and wanted to say hi. how are things with you all? eli is beautiful...congrats! i am sorry for how the day went for you. my wife can relate to that in a big way. we have 2 kids. dylan cash (after bob and johnny) is 6 and veronika grace is 2. we are currently living in the nyc area raising our budget to start a work to rescue and restore victims of human trafficking and forced prostitution. we are calling the ministry f.r.e.e. international. f.r.e.e. stands for find. rescue. embrace. empower. GOD has opened many doors for us although we never would have imagined we would be involved with this back when we were at purdue.
i would love to catch up with brandon and get to know you a little better emily. our email is thebartels@pactec.net. we will be praying for you and especially during this time with eli. i am excited to reconnect with one of our favorite peeps...denise still tears up thinking about singing worship with brandon. blessings on you...and abolition


christ makes all things new,

mike bartel