Sunday, April 27, 2008

Church!






We finally got to take Eli to church today! We dressed him up in a "big boy" outfit. Everyone thought he was so cute and kept commenting on how his hair reminded them of Brandon's :-) Both my boys are balding :-) At least Eli's is growing back in!!!! A song we always considered one of Eli's songs, and we sang it to him all through my pregnancy and now is Sometimes by Step by Rich Mullins. The crazy thing was when we walked into church that was the first song our friend Josh was leading for worship (we've never even done that song at our church). God was welcoming Eli! Yesterday Brandon heard our bird Shiloh say "That's Eli's!" That's what I always say to our dog Rica when she starts to go towards one of his toys. He picks up the funniest sayings. Every morning now we do our best to get Elijah laughing. Usually blowing raspberries on his stomach does the trick. We love it. Brandon was proud that with our fajitas last night he was able to eat cayenne peppers from our garden. I'm ready for the spinach and lettuce to be ready so we can eat some fresh salads. That will help with continued weight loss! I can't eat less obviously because I'm nursing, but we can eat healthier and exercise. Brandon's already lost 5 lbs just from us walking every day, and I only have a couple more to go. We have a fun filled May planned. We have something going on every weekend...so I'm looking forward to a lot of good times with family and friends!

I should mention...our band is playing at Common Grounds Coffee House in Hutchinson, KS on July 11 at 8:00 p.m. doing all of our songs in an acoustic set. I know it's far off...but mark your calendars! We'd love for you all to come and hang out!

No comments: