Monday, June 1, 2009

Yesterday, Brandon led worship at church. We had a late night Sat. because a church leader called us saying the pastor was sick and Brandon needed to play more songs. Needless to say, it was a little stressful for Brandon yesterday and I was stuck at home alone without help for 5 hours with a sick and cranky kid! GRRR!! It is rough for me when I don't get to go to church when Brandon's leading worship. It makes Sunday just like any other work day for me. I was relieved later when Brandon agreed to watch Eli while I snuck away for some alone time at a movie. I've been dying to see Angels and Demons (because I loved the book) and LOVED every second of it. I pretended to not know it was a 2 1/2 hour long movie...busted when Brandon reads this! Eli is still sleeping through the night even though he is coughing a lot. I hope he's better in a couple says because he has his 15 month appointment Wednesday. Brandon and I have been chuckling behind Eli's back because when he throws a fit once in a while he goes and watches himself in the mirror. Seriously. Our bedroom closet doors are mirrors, and he yells while standing in front of it. I've got to try and sneak and catch it on film. This toddler stage is hilarious! One thing that is NOT amusing to me is that he thinks it's funny to disobey and try to run down the driveway into the street. Most of the time if his ball goes in the street he'll wait for me to go get it, but once in a while he gets that gleam in his eye and I'm ready and waiting to stop him! Today I made him sit on the sidwalk while I retrieved the ball, so he wouldn't be able to run and later when his ball went in the street he just automatically sat down on the sidewalk. So funny!

No comments: