Wednesday, June 10, 2009



We have been out of control busy the past two weeks! Ug! It has been a lot of fun, but tiring. Monday night we had dinner with our neighbors. We've been wanting to have them over for a long time, and finally got the chance. We had a great time! They are a fun couple, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with them. They are expecting a baby in January after trying for over 2 years, so we're excited for them! Last night we had a quick band practice to time the three songs we're doing tomorrow night at the Smoky Hill River Festival up in Salina. They do a Festival Jam where they have like 16 bands play 12 minutes worth of music. Luckily, our three songs were exactly 12 minutes. I don't want to be the rude ones that go over ;-) Eli came with us to practice and ran around the church sanctuary playing with a couple balls I had brought. For some reason he was scared of the drums. He would come to the stage at a quiet part and the second the drums would come back in he would start running as fast as he could to the back of the sanctuary. It was so funny. I had the cordless mic, so I could play down with him while I sang. He knows what church is and always responds with his version of yes (da) when I ask if he wants to go there. He is really excited to see all my family tomorrow. He gets very excited every time we talk about it and is ready to go :-) I just enjoyed lunch with my brother, and Eli had fun going on a walk with him. Tonight my best friend and her boyfriend are coming over for dinner. I've got Brandon grilling chicken again ;-)

No comments: