Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Will!





Today is my brother's 20th birthday (he'll always be my baby brother though)! My parents couldn't stand not being with him on his birthday and were missing Eli so much they came down to celebrate and spend time with Eli. It was a fun day. We took Will to lunch at a nice Japanese Steakhouse, and Mom and I went glasses shopping. My parents babysat Eli tonight while we had band practice. I guess Eli had a blast relishing in all the attention. When we came home he was having a good time splashing in the sink. He didn't even care that we were home :-) Eli started growling again yesterday. He had stopped and was doing more babbling and saying ''da da", but now he's decided to go back to growling...sheesh! He thinks he's big stuff when he stands holding on to chairs, the couch, or some of his toys. He makes sure everyone is watching. For the first time yesterday he whimpered when Brandon left for work. It made Brandon feel good. He misses his daddy. Monday, I went to see a chick flick (The Women) with my cousin Ellen and Brandon babysat. He took Eli to Petsmart to see the animals. Eli loved watching the fish and the guinea pigs. I haven't gone to a movie in months, so it was great! We gave Eli the Gerber Sweet Potato Puffs for the first time broken up in pieces. He really likes them and does chew them up really good. The only other food we can get him to sometimes attempt to feed himself are banana slices. Overall, he's eating really well! I feel good because he does like my homemade baby food better than the store bought...score!

No comments: