Here are some memories of California:
1. Went to Carpinteria State Beach many times (because it was a couple blocks from our hotel)
2. Walked the Salt Marsh
3. Flew kites on the beach
4. Saw the world's largest Torrey Pine tree (seriously, it was huge)
5. Hiked twice to see the Seal/Sea Lion rookery-it was wonderful to watch them swimming and nursing their pups
6. Brandon and Will went whale watching and almost got thrown off the sail boat it was so choppy
7. Watched dolphins at the beach
8. Walked the pier and wharf in Santa Barbara (Eli liked watching the skaters in the skate park)
9. Visited with my grandparents, cousins, aunt and uncle at their beautiful house overlooking the ocean
10. Eli loved swimming in the cooled down hot tub
11. Eli also loved the automatic doors in the hotel and would throw his hand out and use his "powers" to open them
12. Eli loved playing with lemons off my aunt's tree and trying to destroy her beautiful landscaping
13. Ate amazing Mexican food (Brandon was thrilled to eat tomales his favorite) and eat a cut of beef that only is popular in California called Tri Tip (my uncle Bill grilled it and it was incredible)
14. Eli threw up all over himself in the car on the curvy drive up the mountain to my aunt's house (overfed him right before we left...I will never eat pasta with peas, corn, and carrots again)
15. Went to the SB Zoo and Eli rode a train for the first time. He loved it! He loved the penguins and flamingos
16. Celebrated my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary
17. Eli enjoyed counting to three with Aunt Cathy...he still will hold something up and squeal "EEEE" for "Three"
18. Survived flying with a toddler. Enjoyed everyone's comments of how cute Eli was and how good he was on the flights from Denver to Santa Barbara and the return. The flights from Wichita to Denver and vice versa were not so good, but people were still gracious.
19. Loved staying in the adorable beach town of Carpinteria and walking down the main drag with surf shops etc.
20. Eli loved the ocean and couldn't get enough of the waves washing over his legs.
21. Overall, a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back!!!