Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Juliah!









My uncle from Texas (who is the choir director at Odessa College) and his son brought some students up to see Friends University, so all the Cormans came over to our house to visit. Eli loved having everyone around and was overjoyed to see his Grandpa. Later I joined everyone at Friends after Eli went to sleep and got into a huge political discussion/battle, which was a blast. I love politics, but Brandon hates it so it was a treat for me! We had a gorgeous day here yesterday and took a walk to the park and played. Eli had fun running around, swinging with Brandon, and going down the slide. He would go down the slide then point his finger and do his sign for "more" (shaking one or both hands). He loved seeing other dogs as well. He gets so excited if dogs even go walking by our house. Later in the day we headed to El Dorado (40 minutes away) for a birthday party. Eli's friend Juliah was turning 2 (they are in our bible study and church). All of Eli's friends were there, and he had a GREAT time! I had a blast because Brandon took over chasing Eli around the house/yard and let me visit with all of my girl friends. Rare occasion that we're all together at once, since all of us have kids. I'm really fortunate that most of our friends have kids, so Eli can have "friends" and people to play with and learn from. At the party, Eli weeded out every ball out of the stack of Juliah's dolls. I tried to give him a doll and he hit it away :-) Definitely a boy. We were there for almost 3 hours and Eli was SO good the entire time. He just ran around and played with balloons/balls and watched other kids. He slept on the way there, but was awake and happy on the way home. I made the mistake of starting to sing him songs, and then of course he would do the his sign for "more" every time I tried to stop. I'm just glad he is communicating what he wants. It makes our life so much easier.

No comments: