Sunday, February 15, 2009

Life on the Farm...




I'm so appreciative to my parents for letting us come up there sickness and all (especially since my Dad's already caught it). We are home after an interesting ride home. Eli was okay for most of the trip, but then got tired and wanted to nap but was having issues getting to sleep. He started crying, then coughing, then throwing up. We pulled off as soon as we could and changed his clothes and nursed and he went to sleep. Welcome to parenthood. I had a wonderful birthday, thanks to my family. Thank you everyone for the great birthday wishes, cards, and gifts. My dad got my mom and I roses and my mom made us all chocolate eclairs and flan. Everyone helped me with Eli. He just had some whiny moments from sickness/tiredness etc. Brandon and I enjoyed an awesome meal and date in Salina while my parents babysat, which was lovely. My friend Robin (who was a bridesmaid in my wedding and I haven't seen in 3 1/2 years) was home, so we had a great time reconnecting. She was a big part of our family in high school and I've really missed her. I'm praying for some sleep tonight. Poor Brandon. Between Eli and I coughing none of us have gotten any sleep for awhile now. I'm looking forward to some shopping tomorrow with all of my gift cards!

No comments: