Tuesday, February 3, 2009



It has been so fun trying new foods with Eli. A lot of the time he can just eat what we're eating, which has made things a lot easier. As of this week all of the food I'd previously made and frozen will be gone, so he'll be completely off baby food. His second top tooth finally has broken through, so we can tell he's feeling so much better and sleeping better. I've been spending his naps doing booking for our band...making calls, sending applications etc. I don't want to play too often because even if we just play twice a month, the rest of the weekends are spent practicing, or Brandon leading worship, so it can get time consuming and take up our family time. So far, I've just booked one show a month. Eli is just a blast lately. We just love coming into the toddler stage. He is so much fun. Between books, exploring, snuggling/hugging/kissing, playing ball, going to see the gorilla, taking a walk, snacks, wrestling, etc. the day goes by much quicker than it used to. Brandon and I were mentioning how we kind of dread having a "boring" newborn again someday. The weather is supposed to warm up again to the 60's this weekend, so I'm so excited to get back outside and let Eli play in the grass/leaves. I guess influenza has hit Wichita bad this week because my friend called me to tell me that her doctor told her to keep her kids out of the church nursery/Walmart etc. because they are seeing a ton of cases of the flu these past few days. This is exactly when it hit last year and why we had to keep Eli out of public crowds for two LONG months. He had two flu shots, so hopefully they guessed the correct strains this year. We're having bible study here tomorrow, Brandon's leading worship this weekend and then my friend will be induced Friday if she doesn't go into labor this week, so I'm looking forward to all the fun.

1 comment:

Louise said...

This is a classic...I love the videos