Thursday, March 5, 2009

Today the high is 84!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, we'll be outside all day. Eli's napping now, but after I feed him a healthy lunch ;-) we'll be headed to the park! I'm meeting one of my friends, Christina (who was my nurse when I had Eli), and three of her kids. I really miss seeing her. When you have 4 kids, it's often hard to do things with other people (especially when two of them are twins), so I rarely get to spend time with her. I'm disappointed because my sister and Joel were supposed to come today and spend a few days with us, but Becca came down sick. Tonight my cousin Ellen is playing a viola duet with the chamber orchestra at Friends. I'm really looking forward to it (especially because Brandon's staying home and babysitting). Yesterday we were all excited to go the Garden Show at Century II....let me just say...it SUCKED. It was the worst $22 I've ever spent in my life. Eli enjoyed the fountains, flags, and the stuffed dead birds on a stick, at least. I guess we were expecting more plants, flowers, vegetables, bird baths (of which there were none) and less JUNK. If you're looking for: jewelry, crafts, your teeth whitened, tons of massages, tours of Kansas, travel agencies, rock collections (okay so these were kind of cool because there were metiorites), mustard, soups, dips, steel palm trees, flags, car drawings, windows, siding, blah blah blah etc. by all means go to the garden show. If you're looking for flowers just go to Johnsons Garden Center.

No comments: