Tuesday, March 10, 2009

12 Month Appt.

Today was Eli's 12 month appointment. There is one word to describe it....DRAMA! He cried about everything. I could barely even get him on the scale to even get his weight. If anyone so much as touched him or looked at him it would set him off. It was so dramatic Brandon and I were laughing. Seriously. We had to pin him down for the doctor to even listen to his heart. He cried more over all the stuff that doesn't hurt than the shots! I could tell the doctor was impressed with all the words he's saying. The whole time she was trying to check him over he kept crying and sobbing, "ALL DONE!" "ALL DONE!". The nurse said that from 1-3 kids are horrible at the doctor, and usually at 3 they start cooporating better! We'll see! He weighed 18 lbs 7 oz (6%) and was 29 1/4 inches (25%) tall and his head was 18 3/4 (76%, he must have a large brain ha ha). We were hoping for 20 lbs so we could turn his car seat facing forward, but oh well. I was a little concerned about his height because people are always telling me how short his legs are, but we looked at his chart together and he's perfectly on track! I was glad to get it over with. I have a feeling it's going to be a rough recovery from the vaccines because they both were live viruses. He will probably definitely get a fever and maybe some other not so fun symptoms. I'll definitely be staying on top of the Tylenol for the next 24 hours! It got cold again this week, but I'm still enjoying the view of our back yard with our tree blooming a beautiful pink and a bush blooming white. They are giving me hope for spring.

No comments: