Sunday, January 25, 2009




What a weekend! We were sad Brandon's mom couldn't come up, but look forward to seeing Brandon's family at Eli's first b-day party next month. My parents came and spent the night and my mom babysat Eli, while my dad came with us to the show at Borders. Our concert went really well. It was a small space, but more than 60 people sat or stood listening and drinking coffee. A ton of Brandon's coworkers/boss etc. came, which was so neat! All of my family in Wichita came as well as friends and perfect strangers who just happened to be in the store. We had a lot of people write their e-mails down to be notified when the CD is out. I was so relieved to hear that my mom and Eli had a blast and no issues putting him to bed. A funny thing occurred while she was babysitting. Yesterday, Eli was really being very verbal and trying to copy a lot of what we were saying. He said clear as day, "Poo Poo Potty" laughed hysterically and then said it again "Poo Poo Potty". Isn't that so funny?! Every time he sees us going to the bathroom I always sing this crazy bathroom song I heard on Super Nanny once that he loves. I guess he picked up on a few words :-) My parents were amazed at how well he's communicating now. He's truly able to show you by pointing what he wants and where he wants to go. They also got the biggest kick out of his first attempt at a tantrum. He balls his fists and holds his breath grunting and turns extremely red. It is really hard not to laugh. He mainly does it if you won't take him upstairs to see the stupid gorilla mural. That gorilla needs to die. For some strange reason he wouldn't drink his milk out of his sippy cup for my mom and kept pointing at a glass on the table (sort of a goblet/wine glass), so finally my mom just put the milk in the glass and he drank it right down. He really knows what he wants and keeps trying until you get it! It makes life a lot easier for us to know what he wants! He likes to go to the refrigerator and look at everyone's pictures. He can point out a lot of our family members in pictures. He also likes to look at his baby pictures and he kisses and hugs "Baby Eli". Today we had all of my entire Corman side over for Hog Wild Barbeque. Eli had pulled beef for the first time and loved it! We're really loving all the new things he can do, wrestling, and just enjoying the start of the toddler times. Ask me again in a few months I may have changed my mind!
P.S.-His second top tooth is about to break through....about time....maybe soon I'll be able to ditch the mesh feeder I've been stuffing with ice and letting him gnaw on!

No comments: