Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Run Eli Run!

Eli still loves reading books. I keep forgetting to count how many books he picks out for me to read in a day, but it is a LOT! He can easily recognize his favorite books in the bookshelf even if I try to disguise them (Hey...if you'd read "My Daddy and I" a million times you'd be hiding it too). I rotate a stack of books out in the dining room too, so we have a couple book stations. When we read "The Foot Book" Eli tries to mimic me making a pig sound. It's really adorable and comes out as a growl. It is the first animal noise he's tried to make. He won't do it for any other pigs in any other book or toy, but just the Dr. Seuss book. I bought Eli toddler crayons for Valentine's Day. They are big and round for an easy grasp. Hopefully he's not like his father who always informs me of how much he hated coloring as a kid. Who hates coloring? What a wierdo! I have successfully changed the order of Eli's bedtime to make it easier for me to wean him. Now he nurses, has his snack, bath, teeth brushed, pajamas, prayer, and bed. Now anyone can put him to bed and he doesn't associate going to sleep with nursing. Yes!

No comments: