Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GRACKLE!











This evening I had my first mini escape from both kids...a haircut! It was the first time I've left both kids with Brandon. I was only gone 40 minutes, but it was nice to get away! Cora slept the whole time I was gone, so he had it easy! Yesterday, we had some excitement. I heard fluttering in the chimney and a young grackle flew down into the fireplace and was trapped by the wire cover. It spent all day trying to get out flapping and clinging to the side of the cover. I think it was a God send because all day Eli kept watching it and laughing and once in a while getting startled when it would fly. Brandon said he'd deal with it when he got home from work, but 20 minutes before he got home I noticed it was gone and thought it had gone back up the chimney. A few hours later Brandon and Eli went to the grocery store and I went down to the basement to do some laundry. That was when the grackle swooped by my head. Scared the crap out of me! It came upstairs and I got a towel and attempted to "shoo" it out of the house. It really was enjoying itself flying and landing on different things. At one point it even went down in the bathtub to drink some standing water. I was laughing because it was sitting on our computer, on the lamps, on the chairs, etc. It took me a while but I finally got it outside! It wasn't even that scared believe it or not. I'm glad it made it back outside without getting hurt or dying....even if it was a nasty grackle!

No comments: