Monday, June 7, 2010

Cora's 1 month appt.

Today was Cora's one month appt. It's always nerve wracking taking either kid to the doctor just because you never know what you might be doing wrong ;-). Cora is a chunk! She is weighing in at 10 lbs 3.8 oz which is the 90th percentile. This is a whole new experience! She is 20 1/2 inches long, which is the 26th percentile and her head is 14 1/2, which is the 60th precentile. She smiled and cooed at the doctor and nurse and just cried for a second when she got her vaccination. The only issue is that she has a spot on her head where she has lost her hair (on the side front) and my pediatrician said she's never seen anything like it. Of course that immediately worried me. She got me an appointment with a very experienced dermatologist on Wednesday afternoon to figure it out. I'm not letting myself get too worked up about it, but am glad that I only have to wait a day or so to take her in. Last night I had Brandon try to give Cora a bottle of expressed milk to make sure she'll take a bottle. She accepted it fine, so that's encouraging. I may be able to escape for a little bit one of these days!

No comments: