Friday, June 25, 2010

Disaster Friday
















This day will be forever known as "Disaster Friday". It all started yesterday when Brandon came home complaining of stomach cramps. He was feeling crappy on and off and didn't know whether it was flu or food poisoning. I about had a panic attack picturing both my kids with the stomach flu. Luckily, he's a lot better now and we're assuming it was food poisoning. Then, I realized my ingrown tonail was seriously infected and if I was unable to do a "home surgery" on it I probably needed to go to the doctor today. I was bound and determined and succeeded in my attempt! In the middle of the night, the AC stopped cooling. It was still running but the house was getting hotter and hotter. We opened the windows and prayed someone could come out first thing before it got up to 100 degrees today (which they did and it is nice and cool in here now might I add). Early this morning I noticed Cora had a gunky eye that looked like an infection. I panicked because I have serious issues when I get pink eye and have bad reactions to any medicine I've tried. Cora didn't act like anything was bothering her and has been her happy self. I took her to the doctor and it turns out she caught Eli and I's cold and stuffed up sinuses are causing her gunky eye. Her cold is very minor luckily (thank you breastfeeding) and all I'm to do is saline her nose. The doctor said, "Wow, she looks huge today!" She is BIG! She weighed in today at 11 lbs 10 oz. Eli is almost over his cold, but it has been a rough week adding to the tension of everything else today! I am really glad we're having "Disaster Friday" instead of "Disaster Monday!"

No comments: