Friday, January 8, 2010

May 4th!

I had an OB appointment yesterday. It's so cold here (wind chill -20) I made sure to have Brandon come home and watch Eli while I bundled up to brave the cold! Everything with Cora is looking great. Good heartbeat, good weight gain and measurements, etc. I even got a call from my doctor's office this morning saying they'd scheduled my c-section for May 4th at 11:00 a.m. I have to check in at 9:30 a.m. and no food or drink after 1:00 a.m. the night before. WOW! This definitely makes it feel VERY real! I am kind of glad it's late morning because I will be able to spend some time with Eli before I leave, which is important to me. The only bad thing is...how in the world am I going to make it until 11 without food or drink? Yikes! My c-section with Eli was first thing in the morning (check in 6), so it was no big deal. I'm sure I won't be sleeping very well, so hopefully I can eat a snack before 1 a.m. to help tide me over. I'm hoping I make it to this date without going into labor, but we'll see. Last night I snuck out and got coffee and scones with my cousin Ellen. We had fun talking wedding plans! After I got home, Brandon headed over to my cousin Sam's house for the UT game. He never gets to watch football, so they had fun! Tomorrow night we're having a pizza band night with our band friends and deciding what our plans are, considering our drummer is stepping down to pursue other things, and both our guitar player's wife and I are having babies in May. Hmm...might be some changes!

No comments: