Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Boy Bed!



Well, yesterday we decided to take the crib apart and move it into our room. We then moved Eli's twin bed in place and prepared for the worst. He did seem a bit concerned as we were taking the crib apart, but did climb up on his big boy bed excited. We do have the crib assembled but covered with a blanket in our room (out of sight, out of mind...right?) Last night it killed me to put him in that big bed. I didn't realize it would be so hard to see my little baby in that big old bed. (Brandon even commented that he didn't think it would be so hard, so I felt better!) I did feel better that we put the guard rail on it so he wouldn't fall out. We did his usual bedtime routine and left him sitting in the bed...he let out a little whimper...and I just about died. We watched the video monitor with anticipation as he laid down and...went to sleep. No big deal. He didn't get up until 6:30 this morning! Victory! I figured night time wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I was worried about nap time today. I put him in his bed for nap a little later than usual hoping that would help. It was a kill watching him in the video monitor. He got up and down off his bed several times testing it out. Then, he sat and rocked in the rocking chair. Next, he laid down on the floor and looked under the crack in the door saying, "Mama?" Then, he played with some toys and pulled some books down off of the book shelf. I couldn't contain myself when he was sitting on his bottom on the ground spinning in circles. I did go in there twice and put him back in his bed. Finally the second time (after about a 1/2 hour of messing around) he laid down and went to sleep. Score! It was just comical. I called Brandon laughing and recounting all the things he did. I have a feeling we might have a little bit of an issue every day, but hoping it doesn't get too bad! My baby is a boy and soon to be man...yikes! Ha ha...God help me!

No comments: