Saturday, July 18, 2009

Road trip

We decided to head to Tulsa a day early, so I'm hoping to leave around 7 tomorrow morning! We are all packed and ready to go and don't have any commitments at church so what the heck. :-) Eli has been teething the last couple days and it has been rough in the evenings. Today was much better, but last night was horrible! He just whined and whined and was a mess. He got up at 5:30 a.m. today, and as I rolled out of bed grumbling I pictured a horrible day of teething, but it wasn't too bad. I think we definitely are done with the worst of it...another molar done. Check! I met my old friend Robin (one of my high school friends/bridesmaids) for coffee this evening. It was wonderful catching up. I guess it's been a week for catching up with old friends! We've had Sam and Will over for dinner the last two nights. It's definitely helped having them wrestle, play, and distract Eli from his suffering ;-) I love those two guys. I wonder how Eli will adjust having Brandon go back to work when we get home. He definitely has loved having another playmate. Brandon has been taking him on lots of father-son outings as well. Of course Brandon is such an amazing dad...the BEST! I'm sure I will have lots of hopefully wonderful stories, photos, and videos to share of our trip when we get home in a week!

No comments: