Sunday, May 4, 2008

Thank God for family and paletas!





We had a fun weekend with my family! We took several walks and enjoyed eating coconut paletas (Mexican popsicles) at the park. We flew Brandon's glider, and had several great flights. Last night I had a girls night out with my mom and sister. We saw the broadway show Moving Out. It's all Billy Joel music with amazing dancing and choreography. We loved it! My dad and Brandon babysat and had a good time. Grumpa introduced Elijah to James Brown and Mississippi Blues. They didn't have any problems and he was great for them. Today Brandon and I led worship at church, and it was so nice having my family there to take care of him while we were singing. It made things a lot easier on me. Brandon's cousin Justin Simpson was just stationed here at McConnell Airforce base, so he joined us for church and lunch. We had a great time visiting and look forward to having someone from Brandon's family living here in Wichita! While Brandon and I took naps, my parents stripped Eli down and let him go naked on a blanket, which of course he loved. He eventually peed on the blanket though! Everyone got to see his great cooing skills this weekend. He's gotten SO vocal. It's so cute. He loves "talking" to you when you get right up close to him. Brandon was walking around with Eli and they saw the president fly over in a black hawk. He was speaking at Greensburg today.

No comments: