Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day....a little late!




I had an interesting Mother's Day! I woke up with a sore throat...grrr! Today it feels better, so hopefully I'm avoiding sickness. I've washed my hands so much in the past couple days I'm surprised they are not cracked and bleeding! We went to church and got my favorite soup for lunch. Then, I had Brandon help me clean the house :-) We rented movies, and I enjoyed Brandon's help in getting a lot of things done I normally don't have time for! This morning was a disaster. The state informed our pediatrition that Eli's heel prick test (PKU etc) that he had when he was born was messed up in the lab, so he needed to have it done again. They just said to stop by the office then go to the lab in the same building and have it taken care of, so I thought it was going to be a quick almost painless event. After waiting forever to get into the lab, Eli didn't even make a face when they pricked his foot. Everything changed when they couldn't get hardly any blood and kept squeezing and squeezing his foot. Finally after a while they gave up and said I needed to go to another lab for them to give it a try. So...I hauled my exhausted baby over to another lab having to park in a parking garage and lugging the carseat a mile. At this lab, the guy said he hadn't done one of these tests in 2 years and had to call someone to even see if they had the paperwork. By this time I had been dealing with all of this for 2 hours, and I thought I was going to scream! Eventually he tried on the other foot and had the same problem. Eli had another scream fest while he tried to squeeze blood out. No such luck. He tried to send me to another lab clear across town and I said NO WAY! I was not going to let someone else torture my baby another time today. Whenever I get the guts to go again in the next couple weeks, I guess I'm going to have to go try again. I despise whoever messed the lab up!

No comments: