Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good-bye buddy!






We are sad today because our English Budgie Shiloh died last night. He was almost 4 years old, so he had a good life! He loved flying around the house and landing on our heads, taking baths in the sink, eating scraps off our plates when we were done eating, playing outside on our screened in porch, singing, and talking a lot! My favorite memory of him is when we had left our dishes on the table and he was out flying around, and I came back into the dining room and there he was digging into a leftover bowl of tapioca pudding. He was almost upside down in the bowl and his head was covered in it. What a character. He also would play a game with Rica where he would throw a ball off the top of his cage down to her and then she would play with it until I gave it back to Shiloh and it would start all over again. I thought I'd list all the words and phrases he could say. Most of them he learned just from listening to us talk:

Shiloh, Pretty boy, What's up?, Love you, Good boy, Gracias, Come Here, Come on, Quien Sabe?, I want to go outside, I wanna treat, Adios amigo, hey buddy, Emily, Brandon, Eli, That's Eli's, Good job, hey shiloh, whatcha doing?, being a good boy?, How ya doing?, That's okay, Rica, No Rica, Kisses, Goodbye, goodnight, your mom goes to college, hey, good girl, get a drink, time for bed, you're a good bird, brother, amen brother, praise the Lord, Rock and Roll, Come here Rica, What a neat bird, Wanna bath?, Hush little baby, and more! He also would make the beeping noise of our security system and copy Rica's bark. These are just the ones I can remember! He always made hilarious combinations of the words such as: Praise Brandon, Emily I love you, Brandon your mom goes to college etc.

Yesterday was a busy day. I took Eli to Cessna so Brandon could show him off to all of his coworkers. It was a lot of fun, and they all loved Eli and thought he was precious. Later I somehow managed to get both dog and baby to Petsmart so Rica could get a haircut. I sat for a while thinking about how I was going to hold the leash and get the car seat out of the car, but I eventually figured something out and had to carry Rica in one arm (because she wouldn't budge knowing where we were) and the car seat in the other! It was a work out, and I saw one lady laughing at me! Then, last night we went to bible study. It was packed with people and tons of kids! All the kids were dancing during worship, and it was just amazing. We were joking because one of our friend's babies army crawled over to Eli and grabbed his forehead before we could stop it and he cried a little because it scared him so we told him he got beat up by a girl :-) I tried cutting all dairy from my diet for a couple days to see if it would help Eli not have as much gas. It didn't help at all. I was kind of relieved because I don't know what I would do without my yogurt and string cheese ha ha.

1 comment:

BrandiK said...

Emily- I am so sorry to hear about Shiloh. It's funny how they really do become so much a part of the family. :)