Friday, May 30, 2008

Give me my foot!



It's been a few days since I posted because we've been trying to recover from all these trips :-) Eli has adjusted back into his old schedule well. He went back to napping in his crib fine, which I was glad about! He's discovered he can pull his knees clear up to his chest and grab his knees, which causes him to roll to his side, or he kicks his legs out and lets them hit the ground hard. I showed him yesterday that he could grab his foot. He thought it was hilarious!! Next time I did it he concentrated really hard on holding it and still thought it was funny. Cracks me up. During tummy time he is almost rolling over! He's so close. He's really trying to move now. He does crawling motions a lot. A couple days ago he moved completely from one side of the blanket to the other and turned 180 degrees. The thought of him actually moving OFF of the blanket I put him on is a scary thought :-) even though I'm always right there playing or reading to him. When we were at my parents my mom commented that it looks like he's starting to teeth...I pretended I didn't hear her ;-) Then, when we were with Brandon's family his mom commented on the fact that it looked like he was starting to teeth, so I was forced to face it. I know a tooth might not actually pop through for months and months, but he is drooling a lot more and gnawing constantly on his hands or whatever he can get his mouth on. He's 3 1/2 months old now, which means he could actually be given rice cereal in a couple of weeks. I want to follow the recommendations and wait until 6 months, but I am going to ask about it when I go for his 4 month appointment on June 24th. I can't believe he's getting so old! It goes so fast.

No comments: