Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thank you God!
















If you know me, you know I HATE Winter. I despise cold, snow, depressing, gray, dull, sickness, dead, ice, frozen, blah. The only good thing I have to say about this season is that it makes me REALLY appreciate the rest of the year! I adore being outside, gardening, walking etc. I am so thrilled that we've raised Eli to be such an outdoorsman and appreciate nature fully like we do. Just when I thought I couldn't stand the cold any longer, God sent us three days of GLORIOUS weather. The kids and I have been outside for hours and hours the past few days. Yesterday was so amazing we seriously went to two different parks, a church playground, in the bike trailer with Dad, AND played in the backyard and sandbox forever. It was the first time that Cora was old enough to play in the sandbox. She loved it! She didn't even try to eat the sand. Now leaves and sticks, on the other hand, she would purposely try to put in her mouth and look at me for my reaction of "Iky!" She loved crunching up the leaves and watching Eli play with Rica. It was just what we all needed. Unfortunately, while we are all playing outside in short sleeves the city people are busy icing the streets for another snow storm that is supposed to hit Monday and Tuesday. Oh well! I'll savor every second out in the beautiful sun. Brandon and I even got a bunch of yard work done. Eli helped me sweep all the sidewalks/porch. He always ends up pushing dirt from OFF the sidewalk ONTO the sidewalk, but it's adorable. He's my helper! I know soon my Crocus will start blooming and that will help hold me off until Spring!

No comments: