Friday, December 18, 2009

I take back my previous title...


I laughed when I came on here today to blog a little. Eli was healthy for a week...I was healthy for 3 days...and now...we're all SICK AGAIN! It's quite comical actually. This time even Brandon gets to join in on the fun. We went to church Sunday and Eli caught a different cold virus...thus spreading it to the rest of us. Luckily he's on the mend, and Brandon and I are just getting started in the worst of it. The one thing I'm grateful for is that we finished all our projects we wanted to get done before the second bout of sickness began. I even got Eli's twin bed ordered (it's white with drawers for storage on the bottom) and his airplane bedding set ordered (which happened to be on sale). Everything will match his future blue and white room upstairs but for now will be downstairs in his black and white themed nursery until he's able to go upstairs on his own. Brandon and I had a fun evening the other night after Eli went to bed. We watched 4 Christmas' and put together the adorable kitchen that my parents got Eli for Christmas. We definitely felt like Santa. I'm seriously ready to play with that thing...it's so cute! We've got it hidden in the basement for a Christmas surprise. Since we're hosting Christmas here this year I decided to do my big grocery shopping and have everything ready so it's stress free. For our Christmas dinner we're having steaks, hash brown casserole, green bean casserole, wheat rolls, cream corn, cheese dip for Joel ha ha, strawberry pretzel salad, pumpkin pie cake, and cherry cobbler. Should be yummy! Yesterday my best friend Courtney and her boyfriend Matt came over to hang out and make Christmas goodies. We made Reindeer poop (aka oreo bon bons), spiced pretzels, and peppermint bark. It was a lot of fun! So grateful we all have time to get better before Christmas! Praying for a healthy Christmas :-)

No comments: