Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh CRAP!











This post is about poop. You might want to stop reading if you don't like talking about poop. I knew that there had to be a catch in this whole "potty training" thing because it was going so easily. Eli has peeing down completely. Even today I haven't reminded him even once to use the potty; he's done it on his own or come and told me when he needed to go. SCORE! I lucked out last week in that he pooped before he got out of bed each day, so I didn't have to deal with it. This week, not so lucky. Yesterday, he held it for hours because he didn't want to go in the potty (or the diaper), so what am I supposed to do? I tried everything and was at my wit's end by the end of the day. Finally he went. Today started out the same way, but after a couple hours of holding it and whining/crying he finally went in the potty and got a special toy and a piece of candy. It was definitely far less traumatic than yesterday, so I'm hoping that this will be a great stepping stone and things will get better. We've all come down sick, so that is not helping things and my patience is thin. I am very encouraged after today, so we'll see how tomorrow goes! I was so proud of Eli this weekend because he went potty many times at church and actually had fun with it. His Sunday school teacher told us he's one of the best in class and advanced. We were beaming with pride! Eli loves his teachers and loves church. Praise God! Cora was in trouble because for the past week she's only laughed at Brandon, but finally she's not grounded anymore because once a day now I can usually get some big belly laughs out of her. It's the best sound ever!

No comments: