Saturday, November 22, 2008

So thankful!





It has been a few days since I've been on here because we've been dealing with a lot around here. I've been exhausted dealing with Eli who has completely given up his pacifier (don't worry I'm still trying) and is giving up naps left and right. Yesterday, he only took a half hour nap in the morning and a half hour nap in the afternoon. I thought I was going to die :-) It's amazing to me that one little cold could change our whole lives...ha ha. Now I get to start sleep training again and somehow get him to sleep more than a freaking hour without having a pacifier to stick in his mouth. God have mercy on my soul! Okay, enough whining, I realize it's getting old, but I have to vent somewhere! Eli is singing. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. We say, "Eli let's sing" and I go "Ah ah ah" in a really high voice and he copies it in this sweet little quiet high voice. Sometimes he does it exactly the same pitch that I've given him. Maybe he's already a musical genius :-) Eli is also starting to let go of chairs and will walk to another chair or between the couches without holding on to anything or anyone. More and more confidence in his walking. A little scary I must say but exciting as well. He also is pointing more. He points at stuff in his books and will feel the textures with his little finger. Precious. He still loves his Santa book especially when I say "Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas". He's obsessed with my Dad's mustache. It cracks us up. When he saw my sister's very blond hair this week he thought it was amazing. I just realized we don't have a single blond person in our lives but her. All of our friends and family here are dark headed. We gave Eli his first whole grain Graham cracker last night (without honey in them). He loved it and did very well with it. We're in serious Christmas mode around here. I'm decorating this weekend and Brandon finally broke out the Christmas music. I've been listening to one of my favorite songs of all time. River by Joni Mitchell or the remake by Sarah McLachlan. If you don't have her Christmas CD, it's worth buying. I'm extra thankful this year for our amazing family and extended family.

No comments: