Sunday, November 16, 2008





My parents came down Friday to spend the night and watch Eli so we could go to see the new Batman at the dollar theater! We've been dying to see it for months, but we finally got our chance! My parents were wanting to see Eli's new walking skills and he showed off well. He was so happy to see them and made sure they were watching before he did anything...even eat! What a show off! We put Eli to bed and really had a great time at the movies. He didn't wake up until after we got home, so it worked out perfectly. Before they showed up though, I had the day from hell. I really thought Eli was probably teething (because he bit me like 6 times while nursing which he's never done before), but it turns out he has come down with a cold we think. He wouldn't nap all day and was cranky. This past week he finally started sleeping well for the first time; the proof is in the two clogged ducts I've had this week, and then now he's sick and up a million times again. It's so frustrating! He has a really runny nose and congestion today. I guess better now than the week of Thanksgiving. We all convinced my dad to buy a small camper for my mom! Brandon went with him yesterday to buy it. I'm so excited for this summer. Growing up we went camping ALL the time. My mom loves camping, fishing, bonfires, etc. I remember one summer where we went camping every single weekend; I'm not kidding. We camped in our pastures and at different lakes in Kansas. I can't wait for Eli to experience all the fun of camping next summer. It will be nice to have a camper to escape to in the rain or storms...nothing worse than a soggy tent :-) We went on a walk to the park today because it was gorgeous; we ran into a couple we were in birthing classes with. It was fun to see their baby and compare notes :-) My mom wanted to continue with the tradition of giving the first piece of candy (like my Papa Buck did with me), so much to my disapproval she gave Eli a piece of licorice to suck on for a few seconds (it just turns to slime when sucked on). I'm glad he got to enjoy for a few seconds the only piece of candy he's going to have EVER ;-) ha ha

No comments: