Friday, September 19, 2008

Why I'm glad I'm breastfeeding....

It makes me sick to my stomach when I read updates on the tainted formula crisis in China. Over 6,200 babies are very sick and several have died (from kidney stones, renal failure, malnutrition). There's a rumor that the government new about it during the Olympics, but waited until they were over to announce the recall. They say that none of our formula companies use any materials from China, but it still should have everyone worried. One man clear back in the process added a horrible substance to the raw milk to help it pass inspections. Because of that one person in the huge process of making formula all of this occurred. I know some people don't have the choice and have to use formula or supplement, so I'm praising God that I haven't had any problems and am hoping to continue breastfeeding until a year when he can start whole milk. I got a call from a friend whose sister is a baby nurse in the hospital telling me that if I ever use formula to be careful because the new Similac has been reformulated and is giving babies diarrhea and other problems at the hospital. Craziness!

No comments: