Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ready to go....

I've just been getting the house cleaned and getting packed for Dallas/Plano the last couple of days. I am probably one of the most organized/detailed people about packing. I start way early, so I don't forget anything, and I have all my lists ready :-) I'm a little OCD about lists. Ask Brandon! Right now I can see 5 lists within view :-) We enjoyed going to our church's picnic on Sunday afternoon. Eli liked watching/playing with all our friend's kids. Eli has started sucking his thumb, once in a while. He doesn't do it for comfort; it's more about boredom. He always sucks/chews on his fingers, but he's actually got the thumb correctly a few times.

It has been a sad weekend because one of our friends found out on Friday (a few days before going into labor) that her baby had a rare dwarfism and had no chance of survival after birth. Think about going your entire pregnancy excited and getting things ready to find this out a few days before birth. Sunday, when I was talking with her about everything (as I'm holding my perfect bouncing babe) I just felt horrible about it all. It brought back all the memories of Brandon's sister losing her baby, as well to a genetic condition. This friend was a testimony to all of us of trusting in God and His plan no matter what the circumstance. I think I would have been screaming at God, but my faith is weak. Lets just say I'm hugging Eli a little tighter this week.

No comments: