Sunday, September 7, 2008

Da Da





Eli is finally saying Da da! I've been working on it SO much! It's really cute, and he knows it's something special. Last night was our first night that we actually all slept without coughing our heads off. In Eli's room, I had a steamer going, a Vicks Vapor plug in on the wall, and I rubbed a natural baby rub (basically just eucalyptus) on his chest. It worked. I completely lost my voice and sounded horrible yesterday, but I actually started feeling better for once. This has been one rough week. Friday night was the worst. Eli woke up croup coughing, so I fed him and then he choked and coughed and threw up all over me, so we put him in a steamy bathroom until the coughing was over and he didn't go back to sleep for an 1 1/2 hours, so it felt like a long night. Eli finally wasn't very congested last night and could breath so much better he wasn't waking up freaking out that his nose was plugged.

A few days ago, I realized that all the hand me down clothes we have from our nephew are no longer going to follow with the seasons for Eli. We've been so fortunate to be able to use all of his clothes for 6 months, and they've worked great! Now, it was gotten cold here. Fall did sneak up on us when we least expected it. I was scrounging through all of Eli's clothes to find a long sleeved shirt! Gavin's clothes don't turn to winter clothes until 12 months...so we have another 6 months we won't be able to use his clothes. I could barely even find a pair of socks that fit Eli now! Last night we went shopping to just get some fall/winter essentials. A few long sleeved shirts/onesies and several hoodies. He just is still so small. In all the clothes we bought, even the 3/6 month clothes are a little big. It's crazy! He's wearing 0-3 month jeans still. He's small, just like Brandon and I!

No comments: