Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally well!

Yesterday was the first day that Eli didn't have a runny nose/congestion from his cold. It took 2 1/2 weeks to get over it! I thought it was never going to end. It's been rough nights for us since he's had it, so you can see why I was begging the darn thing to go away. Last night he slept 8 hours straight before wanting to eat. I woke up right before he did at 4:00 startled because I've been so used to getting up with him a million times since he's been sick. It felt great to get some sleep. I babysat my friend's 1 1/2 year old on Wednesday. Eli watched everything he did and tried to steal his toys. The 1 1/2 year old spent the whole time trying to steal Eli's toys and touch his face, so I was on guard! We enjoyed being back at bible study...the sickness kept us away. There are so many kids, it's always hilarious whether we can even get anything done, but we laugh a lot and the kiddos dance to the music. We've all been enjoying the beautiful Fall weather; our walks have been lovely every evening. Our whole goal now in the evenings is keeping Eli awake. He still wants to take an evening nap. Yesterday morning Eli and I went to a huge baby consignment sale outside of Wichita. I got a few jeans for Eli that still had the tags on them. I laughed so hard when I pulled up. This sale is in a HUGE warehouse and the entire parking lot was filled with mini vans :-) Women were lined up ready to pounce before the doors opened. So funny! Brandon is leading worship this weekend, so it will be a busy weekend for us, but we're hoping to find time to squeeze in the zoo. We'll see!

No comments: