Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fruit

I think I'm the only parent in the history of man who has a kid that doesn't like fruit! It's sweet and delicious...what am I missing here? He loves all the veggies, but hates apples. Sometimes he even fake gags :-) when I give him apples. I can get him to eat little pieces of banana or baby food banana, but he has to be really hungry. It's so strange. Pears, peaches, and mango are next up on the list. Hopefully he'll like something in the fruit family! I'm going to load up on organic produce when we're in Plano because they have a giant Whole Foods that is amazing. I'm excited! The other thing he does now is sometimes he'll blow raspberries while he's eating. He thinks it's a fun game...as food is spraying all over my face. I'm trying not to encourage it, but it's almost impossible not to laugh. Eli really likes to wrestle. We'll lay on the floor and put him on our stomach and he just attacks us with kisses and we pretend wrestle with him and he laughs and laughs. So much fun! Brandon started his new shift today. It was kind of a surprise for us both. He said he had a meeting at 6:30 (he usually goes in at 8), but didn't think he'd be getting off early (which I was depressed about). His boss just walked over and told him he was leaving at 3 and from now on he was on that shift. YESSSSS!!! I'm so glad. He'll get to spend more time with Eli in the evenings. My brother came over last night and played with Eli and was impressed with his creeping. He helped him tear up magazines....which were used as incentives to creep across the floor...he loves his uncle! We might get an earlier start, since Brandon will be home early. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: