Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Creeping!




Eli is officially creeping! For those who do now know what that means....it is pre-crawling. He is pulling his knees forward and pulling himself forward with his arms. He can go a few feet towards us or a toy before getting frustrated that it is taking so long! I'm sure it will be a long time before he's actually crawling, but it is a step in the right direction. Every new step is a lot of fun and exciting. You can tell that we are first time parents. I have found the first food that Eli doesn't really like as well as the others...green beans. All of the other foods have some natural sweetness, but the green beans are really bland. I can tell he just doesn't enjoy them very much. He really liked broccoli today, which was kind of a surprise to me.
I was thoroughly disappointed tonight when we went to buy baby food for our trip to Plano next week. I realized tonight that they don't have very much variety when it comes to baby food or organic baby food. I could hardly even find the foods that I've been feeding him. I really see the benefit now in making my own. He gets to try a lot of different foods he normally wouldn't be able to.
Eli is really into kissing and hugging. I get about a million sloppy kisses a day. My mom stopped by the other night just to get some kisses on her way home. When he gets excited to see you he immediately gives you hugs and kisses. I never thought my son would try to make out with me :-)
Today, I had a few rough moments. For some reason I'm really tired, and Eli was cranky every time he woke up from a nap. I have no idea why! I skipped out on the family walk and let Brandon take Eli, so I could have some time for myself just to relax. Now I know why my mom would escape to read in the bath!

No comments: