Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scooter

Eli has started scooting. Last night in front of both Brandon and I he scooted forward right off of the blanket! When he's on his stomach he pulls his knees forward and pushes off and moves a few inches :-) He's all over his crib when he's on his back, but we've never seen him actually move forward. Brandon was like, "He's crawling"...not quite! We watched an old home video recently when I was around 5 or 6 months and my dad kept calling me "scooter" because I was scooting around as well. He gets his legs kicking so fast when he's on his stomach that I think I'm going to be doomed when that actually turns into movement. At least we'll be in a new house where I can baby proof the second we move in and start from scratch. Eli also loves to play my keyboard. I just discovered it. He goes crazy and pounds the keys all excited. If Brandon and I are both there he is constantly showing off for the other person watching. He looks to make sure one of us is watching then pounds a few chords then stops to get some clapping or praise and goes on. This "show off" stage makes us laugh constantly!

No comments: