Thursday, July 31, 2008

5 1/2 months old update

Brandon is finally home! It was a long 5 days :-) I really missed having his help in the evenings. It's the only chance I get to have some "me" time. I had a great visit from Brandon's mom and she helped a lot in finishing up some of the packing. My mom couldn't stand it and came and saw Eli yesterday and spent the night. She was missing him too much to wait. Eli was happy to see Brandon and is loving having him home. Eli is doing new things all the time. He holds his books when you're reading them to him and touches the different textures in the touch and feel books. He LOVES books. I read him about a million a day. My mom brought him a messy baby/clean baby book and he loved looking and hitting the baby faces. He likes to play with anything and everything. His new favorites are water bottles and papers. When you take a drink he eyes it and tries to grab it totally fascinated. He rolls over from back to stomach, but still only wants to push forward when on his stomach. He blows spit bubbles all the time and sometimes chokes himself he gets so much spit going. Now that he's so busy, moving/squirming/jumping etc. we cherish his snuggle times when he gives you loving and lays his head on your shoulder. He even will lay his head on his stuffed cow that my sister and brother-in-law gave him and give it a "hug." He plays with his feet a lot. He's also discovered something else down there that isn't a foot ;-)

No comments: