Monday, June 9, 2008

Wonderful Weekend


We had a fabulous weekend! It was nice to get a lot of things done, but not be crazy busy like we usually are. On Saturday, we went to my aunt Cate Mitchell's house for dinner. It was great to be with family, and we enjoyed her fresh cherry pie from her cherry tree. I know all of my family is jealous...because we're all obsessed with her cherry pies! Sunday, we went to church and then I had my girls day out. I had a blast. My best friend and I got all dressed up and went to a fancy expensive brunch and then to a movie. I'm not sure I want to confess which movie we saw...okay fine...Sex and the City. I don't watch the tv show, but my friend does. We ordered Shirley Temples (I don't drink) in Cosmopolitan glasses while we watched for fun. We both loved the movie besides the raunchy sex scenes. Afterwards, we went to a great boutique (which wasn't a good idea after watching all the fashion in the movie), and I had to rip myself away from several fashionable items :-) While I was out, Brandon took Eli walking in the mall and to Guitar Center. It was the longest I've been away from him (4 hours), so he had to give him 2 bottles. Brandon was commenting on how special it was feeding him. I forget he misses out on that precious bonding time. I'm starting to get things together to go to Minneapolis for a 4 day weekend. Our band is playing at the Salina River Festival on Thursday at 6:00 p.m., and then we're going to take Eli to the festival over the weekend. I am actually excited to take him to the Children's tent. He loves puppets, so I guess we'll try to take him to a puppet show or some of the other extremely cheesy shows and music they have at it. We'll see how much of it we can stand :-)

No comments: