Friday, June 6, 2008

Tornado....





Eli survived his first tornado warning and power outage :-) I had everything we might need for him as well as us right by the basement door in case there was a tornado warning and there was! We were in the basement for probably about a half hour and he was laughing and smiling through the whole thing. Rica, on the other hand, was scared to death. After all was well, we heard a huge explosion and our power went out. It was out for maybe an hour. We broke out the candles. Brandon changed a dirty diaper in the dark, which was interesting. Eli hated it the whole time. He didn't like being in the dark, and I'm sure he thought we were trying to get him to bed! The second the lights came back on he was a happy camper. He still loves his baths. It's become a father son ritual. We broke out some bath toys that my sister had given him, and he loved playing with them too. I'm looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend, especially because I'm going to a movie with my best friend Courtney. It will be the first movie I've gone to since Eli was born!!!

No comments: