Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us...NOT!




Tuesday, Eli didn't act like he'd even gotten shots at all! What a relief. I did give him Tylenol though, so maybe that helped. At 4 the next morning though, he woke up and had a low fever. I stuck him in bed with us so I'd be right there to keep checking on him. His temp. started going down like 10 minutes after taking Tylenol, so I was able to sleep. Today I've had to keep him on Tylenol to keep his fever away. I've taken his temperature like 5 million times. Every time he's gotten tired he's acted extremely cranky, and I know he's not feeling that great. I finally had a break down when I overcooked my beloved artichokes (my favorite food in the whole world) because he was crying. I'm stressed out because of all the house stuff we're dealing with!

Luckily my mom came Tuesday and watched Eli so we could go on a date. We went to Pei Wei and Baskin Robins and had a wonderful time. Eli thought he was in heaven because he loves his Granny and she took him on an hour walk. Sometimes he just looks at my mom and laughs because he thinks she's crazy, but he loves it. The funniest thing ever is that my mom came and did this as a surprise because she thought it was our anniversary....she was just a month off. We didn't realize her confusion until after we were home from the date and she mentioned our anniversary. We laughed so hard. I guess Brandon asked her a while back if she could come babysit for our anniversary as a surprise for me. She got mixed up on the dates. I thought it was crazy she was here when my dad was starting harvest but he insisted she come since it was our "anniversary". What a hoot. It was a much needed date, so we're so thankful she came!!!!!

Yesterday I got pooped on MAJOR! I was nursing him and it just went everywhere, all over the both of us. I had to strip; then I stripped him. I used about a hundred wipes cleaning us both off and then he spits up! I got that all cleaned up, and then he pees all over himself. At this point, I was laughing so hard. He thought it was hilarious as well. What a goof ball!!! We were both practically naked having a funny time. Eli sucks on his fingers all the time now. He still chews on his fist, but more so he sucks and chews on his thumb and first two fingers. Sometimes he gags himself with his pointer finger. I'm always like, "Quite gagging yourself Eli," and then I think about how weird of a statement that is.

There's hope they'll accept our offer on the house today, so my fingers are crossed! They were seriously considering it yesterday and crunching numbers.

No comments: