Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Survival Mode

So...the past couple of days I've been in survival mode! Eli slept through the night for the first time the night before last (from 10:20 to 6:20). You'd think we would have been rested and happy, but I felt exhausted and had a horrible headache all day yesterday, all night last night, and all day today!!! It's the stinking weather. We've been having crazy storms every day. Last night there was 120 mph winds just south of Wichita. Poor Brandon. I was up all night with the headache which kept him up, and he eventually went to the couch. Eli slept through the night again last night, but got up at 5:30 and was up for the day. Basically we both got like 2 hours of sleep. I told Brandon this morning that I wish I got sick days :-) So unfair. All of my "keep Eli from having bad sleep habits" meaning I make him nap in his crib have gone out the window until I feel better. So far he's napped in bed with me, in his bouncy seat, and swing! Oh well. We've been so busy practicing with our band, and last night my cousin Angela came with us so she could watch Eli and I could actually sing more. It worked out well.

Yesterday, we took Eli to the doctor because he's had tiny traces of blood in his diaper and I figured he had a fissure. I was right. He doesn't act like he cares about it, so it's not that big of a deal. The doctor also agreed with me that it looks like he's teething. She suggested putting a wet wash cloth in the freezer and letting it get a tiny bit hard and let him chew on it. She couldn't see any teeth coming through yet, but today when I looked I thought I saw a little white and a tiny white bump....it could just be the fact I'm probably going crazy from lack of sleep. He has been a bit fussier than usual. He chews on everything in sight. We were laughing because he was playing with his toys and he had stuffed two toys in his mouth and was chewing on them both at the same time.

No comments: