Friday, March 7, 2008

Thank God for daylight!

Last night was a rough night for me. Eli was awake, bored, and wanting to be held most of the night. Of course he slept like an angel during the day. After only getting barely 3 hours of sleep, I thought I might throw in the towel.....but....the second I saw him in the morning all was forgotten! Daylight always brings a fresh start and the hope he'll finally get his schedule turned around.

My mom and brother came down for the day to see the little guy. Perfect timing. I was able to sleep several times while my mom watched him. Eli's so much more aware and alert when he is awake now. He holds his head up and pushes it away from my shoulder. He smiles all the time in his sleep and is constantly grunting and cooing in his sleep as well. So cute! I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can take more walks with the stroller!

I pretty much feel completely recovered from my c-section. The pain only lasted a few days after the surgery and I was able to stop taking pain meds when we left the hospital. I feel great and am ready to be more active again!

No comments: