Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!






We had an amazing Easter weekend with my family! I wondered if we'd have fun because we were having it at our house this year, and I was worried it wouldn't feel the same. We had a blast! Joel and Becca came up Friday, and she held Eli all day! The rest of the family came Saturday. We had a great time taking walks, coloring eggs, eating candy, adoring Eli, finding our Easter baskets, and talking and laughing of course. It's just such a blessing to have such an amazing family. We truly have TONS of fun together no matter where we are or what we're doing. My stomach is still hurting from laughing. We usually go to a sunrise service in Minneapolis, but since we were here in Wichita we had our own church service with worship and sharing. Since my mom made a big delicious meal last night, we went to an Easter brunch at the Hyatt today! It was great food and we stuffed ourselves! It felt good to get dressed up a bit and get out of the house.

It was Eli's first outing in public....since he's officially a month old today! He slept from the time we left the house to when we got home...PERFECT! I've been waiting a month to introduce a bottle (of course with breast milk), and today was the day. He didn't seem to notice a difference. It makes me feel better to know that he would take a bottle if I can't get home in time...so maybe I'll relax and Brandon and I can actually go on a "real" date soon!

No comments: