Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The more I know..the better I feel!

Yesterday was a serious baby day! In the morning, I went to the Birthcare Center and had our car seat checked. They were impressed with how tight we had it (go figure...Brandon put it in) but did adjust the angle a bit.

Then, I had an appointment. Eli is still breech/transverse (so I am not dialated), but everything else is great. I peppered Dr. Feuille with questions about the c-section, and I feel a lot better knowing all the details. I'll have a combination spinal and epidural which will be great! I was relieved to know they put the catheter in AFTER you're already numb :-), and he's going to use dissolvable stitches instead of staples. The best news ever for me is that Eli will never leave my side throughout the whole ordeal (unless of course there is something wrong with him) and will go with me to the recovery room and post partum room!

After supper at Panera, we headed out for ice cream to celebrate the fact that Brandon no longer has to wear a tie to work...it was one of the best days of his life! We later headed BACK to the hospital for the 3rd time for birthing class. It was all on pain relief and interventions they may do, so I got a first hand look at the needles they will use for the spinal and epidural...YIKES!

No comments: