Thursday, February 28, 2008

Introducing Elijah James Judson!







Sunday February 24, 2008, Elijah James Judson was born via c-section at 9:51 a.m. He weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was around 19.25 inches long! I actually started having contractions on the way to the hospital, so he was ready to come get out of there! A friend from church was able to be my nurse throughout the whole ordeal, which was so comforting and made it a much better experience! Our doctor is a fellow church member too, so we had a great experience. I was surprised at how quickly everything went...and realized I had nothing to be nervous about. The second they pulled him out he started crying, and I was able to hold him while they stitched me up. All of our family was waiting right outside the door, which our doctor got a kick out of.




He looked a lot different than both Brandon and I had expected. I think we both expected him to be a Judson through and through, but he is definitely a mix....so cute! Because he was breech he was squished up against my ribs, so his head was a little flat, and ear and testicles squished as well :-) He took to nursing right away in the recovery room and didn't have any problems the next few days. All the nurses were amazed! He latched on so naturally and would nurse constantly and for really long periods of time compared to most babies!




Recovery in the hospital wasn't bad at all. I had some pain, but nothing compared to what I expected! The only issue we had was Eli had his days and nights switched, so I literally didn't sleep for 3 days straight. I don't know how I survived it! I didn't even feel tired...I was in mommy survival mode. Brandon's mom and my mom have been life savers. They came and helped in the hospital at night so we could attempt to sleep some (at least Brandon was able to)!


My mom is staying with us now and cooking and helping at night some too! It's great!




We came home from the hospital on Tuesday. That night was the REALLY ROUGH NIGHT! My milk came in, so he had problems latching and was fussy. I was a mess! Poor Brandon :-)We eventually gave him a bottle of pumped milk and then from that moment on I pumped a little to relieve the engorgement and he was able to nurse fine and now is perfectly used to it.




Yesterday was a turning point! I slept every chance I got all day and since nursing was back to normal it felt great. Since the weather was nice, we took him outside on the porch for a few moments and it felt awesome to be outside! Last night we had a great night too. He was awake and alert until about midnight and then finally went into sleep mode so we were able to sleep.




He's so cute! We just comment on it all the time. He definitely recognizes Brandon and I both. It's so cool! We played with some toys when he was awake yesterday, and he loved this music player we have that flashes lights. We're all in love!




No comments: