Thursday, April 8, 2010

T-rex

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment. Cora is still doing great, as far as we can tell! I'm measuring exactly 35 1/2 weeks and I've gained almost the same exact weight I did with Eli. They took a blood test, so I hopefully will get some results back soon. I'm curious to see how my iron levels are. After the appointment we did our traditional meal at Panera (the broccoli soup is Eli's favorite) and then decided on a whim to go see the baby T-Rex at the mall (I stole this picture from Lacy Hansen because I didn't have my camera). It's a promotion for the huge robotic dinosaur show that's coming to our arena. I have to admit it was really cool. It kept snapping at people and roaring. You should have seen Eli's face. His eyes got huge as he tried to figure it out. All the kids loved it. Eli clapped and kept saying "More!" It ran past us at the end and Eli wanted to follow it.

We got Eli's hair cut really short for summer. It was getting so long and he had a mullet :-). We can spike it up with gel or leave it down. He sat like a perfect gentleman for the haircut and giggled when she used the buzzers (he's very ticklish around his neck). Pictures to come soon!

We are seeing traces of the terrible two's, and I am dreading it. Eli has this ear piercing scream he likes to break out at the most inopportune times. It's just this sudden short scream. It is absolutely ANNOYING! He did it the second we walked into the doctor's office yesterday and this lady was like, "Let me guess, he's 2?" When I responded positively she said, "My 2 year old does the exact same thing." It did make me feel better. It is embarrassing in public but I know that most people have gone through the same thing with their kids at some point so I try not to let it bother me. His tantrum of choice is running in circles while yelling or hitting the wall over and over again while yelling. Oh, the fun of toddlerhood.

Even with all the craziness, Eli is the most affectionate little guy. He wants me to snuggle him ALL the time and gives me tons of hugs and kisses. It's wonderful! He wants his "extra special attention", which is me holding him and snuggling. It's precious!

No comments: